Ana Clara Manera / alias Q *
Ana Clara Manera was born in 1983 in Argentina. She started her career at the age of 5, studying classical dances. She practised gymnastics from the age of 9 till the age of 16, taking part in national and international competitions. In 2004 she strated to practice circus. She has been devoted to the study of different circus techniques, focusing on duo acrobatics and Chinese pole.
During 2005 and 2006 she was part of the Circus Company Lunatix, under the direction of Cristina Rivas.
From 2006, she is part of the organization of the International Circus Festival Hazmereir. It has currently held XI editions in the city of Mar del Plata, Argentina.
In 2007 She performed the professional training course of "La Arena" Circus School in Buenos Aires. She studied there for 2 years, joining "La Arena Company” and participating with them in 3 different shows under the direction of Gerardo Hochman:
"La Vuelta al Mundo" (Teatro Metropólitan, 2008)
"Kamuflash" (C. C. Konex, 2009)
"Travelling" (2009 -2010 It was played in differents festivals and thetres arround Argentine)
In 2010, creates his independent company "manoAmano" (www.manoAmanocirco.com), with his partner Martín Umerez, doing the show “Kinematos". The manoAmano Circus Company has performed more than 750 shows, in more than 85 Festivals, in 24 countries (South America, Europe, Oceania and Asia). Kinematos was awarded with the following prizes:
- First prize / jury's choise: IV Festival de Teatro de Calle y Artes Circenses de Avila - Spain, 7/2010.
- Third prize / audience's choise: XIII Bamberg Zaubert - Germany, 7/2011.
- First prize / jury's choise: XX Lenzburguer GauklerFestival - Switzerland, 8/2013.
- Third prize / audience's choise: Künstler & Meer Bajazzo - Germany, 8/2013.
- Best Circus Show / audience's choise: XVII Bamberg Zaubert - Germany, 7/2015.
During 2012 Ana Clara with various other well known artist creates the succesfull show "Barlovento" circus-theatre. They performed more than 110 shows in differents festivals and theatres arround Argentine, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil and Mexico. Barlovento was awarded with the following prizes:
- Estrella de Mar 2014: Best Original Music.
- Estrella de Mar 2015: Best Production.